The Final Door was founded with a rebellious spirit and lofty objective: to build the best and most immersive escape room in South Carolina. At the Final Door our passion is creating memorable, unique and thrilling experiences. We love to be immersed in engaging stories and scenarios and we want to share those experiences with others.
WHAT MAKES THE FINAL DOOR DIFFERENT FROM OTHER ESCAPE ROOMS?
- Our adventures include an immersive introduction to your game. We put a lot of energy and effort into making you feel like you have truly been captured by a serial killer, cult, vampyr, etc. The staff at The Final Door are not simply Game Masters; they are Cult Members, Pirates, Serial Killers, Romanian Vampyr Slayers, Zombies and Army Officers.
- We are the only escape room in South Carolina with a beer and wine lobby. You can order drinks to be hidden in your game.
- We offer the only 4 person game in Columbia. The ROI on a small capacity room is much lower than a 10 person room, and from a business prospective is not a wise decision. However, we truly believe in putting a quality experience ahead of revenue.
- Similar to the above, we also limit our other rooms to a 6 or 8 person capacity. In fact, we only put more than 6 people in a room IF everyone in the group knows each other. Again, this is to ensure a quality experience for you. Most other escape rooms have 10 to 12 person capacities.
- We design and build our rooms in house. Purchasing a pre-made design/room would be much and easier and faster. However, we feel a purchased room design feels a little bland. It's missing that extra passion and edginess from an in-house design.
- We personalize every experience. This is just another way we make you feel like a part of the story and not simply an observer.
- We offer advanced versions of our rooms. Currently, our Sacrifice room has an advanced and standard version. Our high-immersion reputation has attracted a lot of enthusiasts (people who have played 10 or more escape rooms and travel to play new games), and we have found they often need an extra challenge. This is what inspired us to create an advanced version for our games. Soon, all of our rooms will have this option.
- Our rooms age well. We don't build a room and forget about it. We keep detailed stats of game flow and post game reactions. We know EXACTLY what percentage of groups can solve each puzzle without a clue. We know EXACTLY where the majority of groups get stuck. These stats help us identify weak points in our game flow, puzzles that are too hard for the average player, and much more. We take this information and continually tweak the rooms and puzzles. For example, we tweak puzzles to ensure we don't have any puzzle that fewer than 50% of groups can solve without a clue. So, when I say our rooms age well, I mean, they actually get better the longer they are open.
- We have other features that make us stand out from other escape rooms, however, I don't want to spoil any surprises, so you'll have to play to find out :)
OUR REVIEWS CONSISTENTLY SAY "FAVORITE", "BEST", OR "BEST IN COLUMBIA"
Together with an amazing staff of Escape Room Enthusiasts we have created the ultimate escape room experience. But don't take our word for it, see why our customers are saying The Final Door is the best escape room in Columbia.
The reviews below are from customers who have done escape rooms at multiple companies and mention "Best in Columbia", "Best Escape Room", "Favorite", and/or "Most Immersive"